Friday, September 26, 2014

Hired on at MAC!

I applied to work at MAC cosmetics in August and didn't hear a call back for a couple months. Well earlier this week I got a phone call for an interview, within those couple days I studied MAC's history, their funds they give to, and the MAC culture in general. After a 3 hour interview, I was offered a position! There are 3 stages of the interview, and I was happy to have made it to the last stage. I am beyond excited to learn a lot and keep expanding in my make up application on myself and clients. The journey is just beginning. 

The first part of the interview was the application of MAC products on a model, and how well you can sell the products, how you use the products, and how well your customer interaction is. They ripped out a pic from a magazine and told me to recreate this look in my own version. Heres the pic I was given to recreate: 


They told me to bring a friend to use as a model. The manager gave me 30 min to recreate this look using all MAC products. I to completely start from no makeup, walk through moisturizer, on to the face, eyes, lips the whole works! It was fun and stressful at the same time, she was peering over me with a white clip board watching my every move. I also had to make sure and sanitize everything properly which was actually kinda difficult to remember when trying to beat the clock.
Here is my rendition of a wearable everyday look, inspiration from the Revlon Ad:


 The color is adjusted a bit with the warm sun light, but I used matte black on the outer corner and silver/white sparkly shadow in the inner corner. I used a pink/red lip for a flirty everyday smokey look. Here are the products I used:

    

    

I used other products but these I mentioned are the main products needed for the look. 

I am so excited to start training and working at the counter. YAY! I will share all the tips and tricks I learn on my blog so you guys can look like a pro too.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment