Friday, July 18, 2014

 Summer Time White



Let's Do Our Part
Commit yourself to actively choose God and His ways in your decisions, words, thoughts, and responses. Becoming a woman of God is about living according to God’s priorities, and we want the choices we make to reflect that God is our Ultimate Priority. After all, the word “priority” means “to prefer.” We want to choose to prefer God’s way in all things.
Proverbs 3:6 says, “In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” This well-loved verse describes a two-step partnership with God. Our part is to stop and acknowledge God along the way, and His part is to direct our paths. This means we are to consult with God regarding our decisions, thoughts, words spoken, or responses. Before we move ahead or merely react, we need to stop and pray first, “God, what would You have me do or think or say here?”
What exactly does Proverbs 3:6 look like in daily life? Let me share an example. I wake up and the day begins. As I go about the buisness of life, a crisis suddenly arises. The phone rings and it’s bad news or a decision needs to be made. I try to remember to mentally, and maybe even physically, stop and check in with God. I pray, “God, what do You want me to do here?” That’s my part of the partnership. It may take a split second or some minutes in prayer.
And then God takes over and does His part—He directs my paths. Often it’s almost as if the next thought to enter my mind is from Him. Because I ask Him for direction and want to do things His way, not my way, He directs me. He instructs me and teaches me in the way I should go (Psalm 32:8). He guides me in what to do, how to act, and what to say. God is faithful to His promise: “Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, ‘This is the way, walk in it’” (Isaiah 30:21). 

No comments:

Post a Comment